Are you suffering from back pain? Do not avoid your back pain, and you should consult a doctor immediately to diagnose the exact cause of your back pain. A doctor will examine your back and suggest you sit, stand and move your legs to check your mobility. Even your doctor can also ask you about the nature of your back pain. They can prescribe some clinical tests for a complete diagnosis as a back pain treatment.
How Would You Diagnose The Cause Of Your Back Pain?
If it is related to muscle spasms, you do not need to go for long-term medication and you can hire a physiotherapist to get rid of your back pain. But, a doctor can suggest you to go for the following clinical procedures to identify the exact cause of your back pain:
- You will be suggested to do an X-ray of your back, and it will give some clear images of your bones. If you have arthritis or any bone injury, then a doctor can easily identify the same from your X-ray reports. You will get a clear view of your spinal cord, muscles, disks, and nerves through these images.
- In most cases, the doctor can easily find the exact cause of the back pain problems from X-ray images, but he or she can suggest you go for an MRI or CT scan of your back muscles. Through a CTV scan, you will get a clear picture of your bones, blood vessels, nerves, tendons, muscles, and tissues. It will help your doctor to detect the smallest injury or fracture of your bones.
- Apart from the X-ray and CT scans, the doctor can prescribe some blood tests. Sometimes, blood infections cause back pain, and your doctor can easily prescribe some medicines to reduce your infection level.
- Back pain treatment is very complicated because your physician cannot prescribe any medicine until they detect the exact cause of your pain. In rare cases, a doctor can suggest you to scan your bones because it will detect the tumors or internal fractures of your bones. You might suffer from osteoporosis, and it can be detected by bone scans only.
- Even you can suffer from back pain caused by your nerves, and you need to go for Electromyography (EMG) measures to check your nerves. It can confirm the nerve compression caused by inherited disks, and you can detect the problems of your spinal canal through this test.
Sometimes, you can suffer from back pain due to muscle spasms, and it can be stress in your muscle. You can easily get rid of your back pain by physiotherapy back pain treatment, and you do not need to go through the above clinical procedures. But, if you feel the same level of pain after a few weeks, you should consult a doctor for a back pain treatment plan.
What Are Some Medications For Back Pain Treatment?
You can buy some over-counter pain relievers for your back pain, but these medicines have some side effects, and you can suffer from a severe issue. In this case, you can consult a doctor for your back pain treatment. A doctor can prescribe some OTC or over-the-counter pain relievers such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for your back pain. Make sure you follow your physician’s prescription because overdose of such OTC pain relievers can make your muscle fatigue. Apart from that, your doctor can prescribe some muscle relaxants for your mild back pain.
Dizziness, vomiting, fever, and skin rashes are some of the common side effects of such medicines. You should consult your doctor if you face any of these side effects.