What Are The Benefits Of Installing Container Homes
Nowadays, other than conventional houses made by builders many different types of movable and immovable homes have come into existence. Container homes are one of such houses. Homemade from shipping containers is known as container homes, and they have various benefits. Container homes are better than traditional homes because they are affordable, efficient and sustainable. They are designed in rectangular shapes with a simple division of rooms. Here you can find some benefits of container homes.
#7 Benefits of container homes
- Impressive: If you cannot afford to buy a home then you need to take a house on rent and it will cost you recurrent amounts. You can choose a container home to save your cost because you need to buy some shipping containers to design your home. 20ft shipping containers are available at $1500-$3000 and 40ft containers are easily available at $4,500. You can buy such shipping containers to build a container home and pay a few extra for finishes. You can easily design a container home within $15,000 and you can choose any interior designs and finishes at affordable prices.
- Durable: Shipping containers are strong and durable because they are designed with tough materials. They are designed to carry cargo through extreme weather conditions and people can use these containers for various shipping purposes. Even, such containers can resist 100 mph winds or 50ft sea waves, and you can easily make a durable home with these containers.
- Designs: There are numerous designs available for container homes. You need to remove some parts made by steel from the containers to install doors and windows. But, you can maintain the structural balance in these homes, and you can also install the doors and windows behind the original shipping container doors. Structural integrity and durability are the strongest points of container homes, and you can install a durable locking system in your doors to keep your property safe.
- Pest proof: Most of these shipping containers are made of durable steel and they are completely resistant to bugs and pests. Even you can design your interior floor with wood, and there is less chance to be affected by termites. Termites can damage the sides or edges of your interior which can be repaired. The main structure of the container home will not be affected by termites.
- Freedom: To build a conventional or traditional home, you need to take some home loans because they are quite expensive. Else, you need to mortgage some of your assets to build a new home. But in case of container home, you do not need to take any financial burden and you can easily build a container home at less cost. Plus, you do not need to buy any building materials for your home and your container home can be designed in a warehouse. People will design different parts of your home and carry them to your land to assemble.
- Eco-friendly: We have to think about the carbon footprint and we must recycle and reuse materials whenever possible. Shipping container homes are completely eco-friendly and sustainable. Apart from that, with proper insulation process, you can save your power consumption cost and such container homes can save your maintenance cost too.
- Fastest building process: Container homes can be built quickly, within 8 to 10 weeks. While you need to spend at least 4 to 6 months to build a traditional home. You can save your valuable time by choosing a container home. Plus, container homes can be built off-site and they can be installed in any remote area.
Apart from that, you can relocate your container home anytime at your convenience and you do not need to sell your dream home at a cheap price.